What is Collagen?
Collagen is a key building block of the human body and is used in the formation and support of bones, cartilage, ligaments, tendons and other key strength-giving components. Collagen contains many amino acids - these are the building-blocks of proteins, and have a central role in biochemistry and nutrition.
Collagen is, by far, the primary structural protein in the body, contributing as much as 30% of the body’s entire protein content. It is central to the structure of our skin, joints and blood vessels, since we cannot create these tissues without Collagen. One cannot consider the health of our skin, bones, blood vessels, joints or connective tissue without recognizing the dominant role that Collagen protein plays. It is for this reason that Collagen is added to so many beauty products, from moisturizers and anti-aging creams to shampoos and conditioners.
- Collagen is the main structural protein in the extracellular space in the various connective tissues in animal bodies. As the main component of connective tissue, it is the most abundant protein in mammals.
- The name collagen comes from the Greek κόλλα (kólla), meaning "glue", and suffix -γέν, -gen, denoting "producing
Types of Collagen
There are at least 16 types of collagen, but upward of 80-90% of the collagen in the body consists of types I, II, and III.
Type I Collagen
Comprises 90% of skin, hair, nails, organs, bone, ligaments.
Type II Collagen
Applies to cartilage.
Type III Collagen
Applies to fibrous protein in bone, cartilage, dentin, tendon, and other connective tissues.
These three primary forms of collagen consist of 19 amino acids that are responsible for the growth and maintenance of the body, with the highest percentages typically coming from glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline, which are found in the skin and muscle.
Collagen type II, specifically, consists of 18 of the 19 amino acids, with profiles similar to that of joint cartilage.
Benefits of Fish Collagen
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve elasticity
- Support the bone matrix
(36% of bone is made up of collagen Type 1 and 3)
- Correct weak or damaged nail beds
- Thicken fine hair, slows hair loss
- Improve blood circulation
- Makes up 50-60% of protein in cartilage
- Makes up 85-90% of collagen in articular cartilage
- May reduce popping knees
- May support back, jaw, and joints
- Includes glucosamine, chondroitin, and hyaluronic acid
Strong Points of Athos Fish Collagen
- 100% natural protein.
- Presence of all important Amino Acid.
- Protein % in Fish Collagen is more than 95%.
- Odorless & higher solubility.
- Instant soluble in cold & hot water.
- Zero Risk of disease Transmission.
- Non hazardous process.
- Low molecular weight makes us more effective than other.
- Extracted from 100% fish scale & disease free.
Application of Fish Collagen
- Beauty products
- Nutri cosmetics
- Food products
- Sports & fitness
- Beverages / Energy drink
- Joint health
- Improve digestion
- Thicken fine hair, slows hair loss & nail care.
- Glutamic Acid act as a brain food.
- Promote restful sleep.
- Dis-appear hangover.
- Enhance overall physical & mental performance of body.
- Promote the muscle growth.
- Help in a wound care.
- Cracks of heels disappeared.
- Joint health, Increase bone density & reduce chances of knee replacement.
- Firm skin, regenerate skin & improve the younger look.
- Weight loss & decreases the body fat.
- Anti-inflammatory & Pain relief.
- Improve immune system & Fight from diseases.
- Anti ageing.
- Minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improve elasticity
Final product packed in Food grade Pouches/bag with Master carton/Fiber Drum/Paper Bag.
- 1. We offer packaging of 60g, 180g, 250g and 500g each with plain natural pure Fish Collagen as per buyer’s requirements.
- 2. We make formulation of Fish Collagen with other ingredients as per buyer’s demands and suggested formula (eg. Fish Collagen 425g + Hyaluronic acid 50g+ Vitamin C 25g).
- 3. We offer customize packaging other than 60g, 180g, 250g and 500g as per buyer’s needs.
We love hearing from our customers! Feel free to send us a message and we'll get back to you in no time!